THE FACTS ABOUT ACCREDITATION
If you are like most Americans, buying a home or condominium is the investment of a lifetime. To help protect this substantial commitment, your community association should have the expert guidance it needs to operate and manage its assets effectively.
AAMC - Accredited Association Management Company
Many associations choose to work with a professional management company. But how can you be sure the company you select will have a staff with the experience, knowledge and dedication they need to serve your association most effectively? One answer is to utilize an Accredited Association Management Company.
What is the AAMC accreditation?
The AAMC is the national recognition awarded to companies that specialize in community association management by the Community Association Institute (CAI), the nation’s voice for condominium, cooperative and homeowner associations.
The AAMC accreditation symbolizes a commitment to providing the unique and diverse services community associations need today. An Accredited Association Management company ensures that staff has the skills, experience and integrity to help your community association succeed and excel through tested knowledge and skills and stringent operational requirements.
An Accredited Association Management Company has achieved a specialized level of commitment and expertise throughout its staff. This commitment helps ensure your association runs smoothly by:
- Developing association budgets and financial reports to ensure your association prepares for future expenses and communicates to homeowners how their assessment dollars are spent;
- Performing site inspections to evaluate your association’s grounds and common elements and ensure proper upkeep;
- Enforcing community association rules and restrictions fairly, equitably and reasonably;
- Assisting board members in selecting contractors and insurance providers that can provide top-notch services for your association
- Overseeing and authorizing payment for services to ensure financial safeguards;
- Promoting open communication, fruitful collaboration and community spirit within the association.
When retaining an AAMC-accredited Management Company, you stand to benefit not only from the experience of an individual manager, but from the collective resources that a highly trained and knowledgeable staff can provide. A staff member of an AAMC – accredited company will have a solid understanding of all aspects of community association management.
Who is CAI?
CAI is the nation’s voice for condominium, cooperative and homeowner associations. The Institute is a national, nonprofit association created in 1973 to educate and represent America’s residential community associations (CAs) and related professionals and service providers. It is a multidisciplinary alliance, dedicated to the development of effective community associations. Its members i nclude: condominium and homeowner associations, community managers and management firms; public officials; and lawyers, accountants, insurance providers, engineers, builders/developers and other providers of professional services and products for community associations.